University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Admission
- Bachelor’s Degree (any major)
- Prior application to the UAMS College of Medicine
- Arkansas resident and U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (I-155 card)
- MCAT score will be taken into consideration
- Undergraduate Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or greater
- Completion of MSPH application essay
- Applicants who are not selected for admission to the UAMS College of Medicine who also meet the criteria for social/economic/geographic disadvantage will be invited at the end of February to consider applying to this program.
- Any Arkansas resident interested in medical school may apply to this program. Preference will be given to applicants who fall into one or more of the categories (under-represented minority and/or social, economic, or geographic disadvantage) and who have already applied to the UAMS College of Medicine but haven’t been admitted.
- Application opens March 1
- Application deadline March 22
- Applications evaluated by Committee March 22-28
- Final decision letters mailed March 31
- Classes begin May 31
- Fall Semester begins August 11
Both the certificate program and the MPH program are eligible for financial aid.