The Australian Government in conjunction with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is currently awarding Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships for International Students commencing the program for the academic sessions. These scholarships are fully-funded.
The purpose of the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships is to give people the opportunity to gain and build the knowledge and skills to drive positive change and influence their home country’s development.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Government
Host Institution(s): Pacific tertiary institutions
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships provide people from Pacific developing countries with opportunities to study at selected education institutions in the Pacific region, in order to gain and build the knowledge to influence their home country’s development.
The scholarships are offered for the minimum period that the individual could be expected to complete the academic program. Scholarships may include preparatory programs (including English language tuition) which are normally limited to one year.
To be eligible for Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be a citizen of and a resident of the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships participating country
- Applicants must not have or be entitled to permanent residence in Australia, and not be married or engaged to be married to a person who holds or is eligible to hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residence status (unless their country does not issue passports–the Cook Islands, Niue, and Tokelau)
- Applicants must meet specific eligibility criteria imposed by the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship
- Applicants must satisfy the host government’s immigration requirements for regional students
- Applicants must not hold another scholarship during the period of the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarship
- Applicants must not be transferring from another scholarship
- Applicants must not hold or have held an Australian Government scholarship in the two years preceding the proposed time of commencement of the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarship.
Eligible countries are Federated States of Micronesia; Fiji; Kiribati; Marshall Islands; Nauru; Niue; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Samoa; Solomon Islands; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu; and Wallis and Futuna.
Successful applicants for Australia Award Pacific Scholarships will receive the following benefits:
- Generally, entitlements cover a return airfare from your home country to the country of study,
- Academic and other compulsory fees,
- An establishment allowance and
- A living allowance is paid fortnightly.
How-to-Apply: To be considered for Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships, Applicants must meet specific eligibility criteria imposed by the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship before proceeding to apply online for this opportunity.
Application Deadline: Not Specified