The University of Kansas is currently inviting applications from interested and intellectual candidates for KU International Admissions Scholarships for Freshman students. These scholarships are available to Freshmen who are newly admitted to the University to commence the program for the academic session.
First-time freshmen receive the highest scholarship for which they qualify. They cannot earn additional KU International Admissions scholarships, but they may receive additional scholarships from their academic unit at KU.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Kansas, USA
Host Institution(s): University of Kansas, USA
Scholarship Worth: $12,000 – $100,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | KU International Admissions Scholarships
KU International Admissions offers various scholarships to degree-seeking undergraduate students. All scholarships are renewable and range from $3,000 per year to a full tuition waiver valued at over $25,000 a year. Freshman students must submit a separate application to be considered for the following scholarships:
- International Excellence
- International Merit
- International Distinction
- International Achievement
To be eligible for KU International Admissions Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be Freshman students
- Applicants must be ready to enroll in a full-time undergraduate program
- Applicants must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA and enroll in a minimum of 27 credits at KU
- Applicants must have proof of English Language proficiency.
How-to-Apply: To be considered for KU International Admissions Scholarships, applicants should submit a separate application online for the scholarship. Your application must contain the following:
- Official proof of English proficiency.
- A résumé or CV that includes all extracurricular activities, leadership, service, and awards, and explanations of three included activities and why they are meaningful to you.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- SAT or ACT scores, if available.
- A 500-word essay on the topic of your choice, though the following are recommended:
- Your personal and academic goals and how you hope to achieve them at KU.
- Your field of study and specialized interests within it.
- How do you intend to use what you learn at KU upon return to your home country?
Application Deadline: Not Specified