The Ghana Institute of Journalism was established on 16 October 1959 by Kwame Nkrumah, the first president of Ghana. Kwame Nkrumah had the vision to train a patriotic cadre corps of journalists to play an effective role in the emancipation of the African continent hence establishing the Ghana Institute of Journalism.
Initially a department of the Accra Technical Institute (now Accra Technical University), the school had as its first principal and journalism tutor, Mr Richard McMillan, then retired as Director of British Information Services in Ghana. In 1966, the school moved to the present site which used to house the Ghana Press Club.
We are here
32nd Gamel Abdul Nasser Road
No. 5 Alboran Street, South Legon (Dzorwulu Industrial Area)
Address: P.O.Box GP 667, Accra
Phone:(+233) 302 228336
Fax:+233 302 221750