Barbados Community College Mature Age Entry Application Form
Admission Requirements vary throughout the programmes, students must have a minimum of four CSEC passes, of which Mathematics and English are compulsory. Mature students (persons 25 years and over), who do not satisfy full matriculation, are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Associate Degree in Architectural Studies (Full-Time)
The minimum requirements for entry into the College are:
- Four (4) passes at CSEC General Proficiency Level with Grade 1, 2, or 3 (from June 1998 only) OR
- Four (4) passes at GCE Ordinary Level with Grades A, B or C OR
- Any qualification considered by the College to be equivalent to the above-mentioned.
NB: Mathematics and English are compulsory. The other two subjects may be a combination of any of the following: Visual Art, Technical Drawing or a Technical subject and Geography.
Persons applying for admission to this programme are required to complete a Portfolio to the Student Affairs Office, Barbados Community College. The portfolio should consist of the following projects:
- Written submission – an 800-word essay entitled, “My idea of architecture is… and I want to study architecture because…”
- Graphic submission – A drawing of a chair or chairs, a collection of organic material (eg leaves, bark) and, a drawing of a bag or a group of bags.
- Five examples of art and design work. Your examples could be any of the following areas:
- Freehand sketches/drawings life drawing
- Photography models/3D work
- Paintings collages/montages
- Sketch studies graphic design
- Orthographic drawings precedent studies/research projects (artists/architects)
- ALL submissions must be no larger than 11” x 17” size paper.
Read Also: Barbados Community College Courses Offered
If a group collaborated on any of the samples included in the portfolio, please clearly indicate what you were instrumental in contributing.
The Architectural Studies selection committee strongly discourages the inclusion of technical/mechanical construction documents in the portfolio. It is very important that the portfolio contains work illustrating your creativity rather than only your technical ability. We are looking for observation skills, criticality, invention and representation.
For any queries concerning this correspondence please contact Mr Samuel Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Marisha Browne at email@example.com.
“Eyrie”, Howell’s Cross Road, St. Michael, Barbados, W.I., BB11058
(246) 426-2858 (246) 429-5435