TIMELINES & REQUIREMENTS
The Master of Science in Computer Science program has its own unique application timelines and admissions requirements, in addition to the overall graduate admissions requirements.
GRE: Students that have graduated from a US institution with full regional accreditation will NOT be required to take the GRE.
We admit folks to the Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) program in the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
To apply, you need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science (or a closely related field) from an institution with full regional accreditation for that degree
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Transcripts that show completion of courses in key areas such as general programming skills such as C, formal programming language foundations, data structures and algorithms, and math foundations (discrete math)
If you don’t have an undergraduate degree in computer science (or a closely related field), you might be required to take a foundational course as part of your formal Plan of Study.
Make sure you send in your application by:
- June 15 for admission for the following Fall semester
- November 15 for admission for the following Spring semester
- April 15 for admission for the following Summer semester
Please be aware that the application deadline is subject to change to accommodate available capacity and program needs. It’s why we encourage you to submit your application as early as possible.
If you’re applying for an assistantship, be sure to send in your assistantship form with your application.