About East Tennessee State University Scholarships
East Tennessee State University has established an international scholarship program termed “ETSU International Students Academic Merit Scholarship”. The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree.
ETU’s commitment to serving a diverse population is to improve the social, economic, environmental, and health conditions of people. The scholarship covers 50 percent of tuition and maintenance fees.
East Tennessee State University (ETSU) is a public university located in Johnson City, Tennessee. It is part of the Tennessee Board of Regents system of colleges and universities, the nation’s sixth-largest system of public education, and is the fourth-largest university in the state.
International Students Academic Merit Scholarship
The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is available to eligible new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree.
1. Apply for admission to ETSU undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
2. Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 Visa information, J-1 Visa information).
3. Have a shown record of academic achievement.
All international students who apply for admission to the university are considered for the scholarship. Upon admission, applicants who meet the following criteria will be offered the scholarship automatically:
1. Minimum 3.0 high school GPA on the US 4.0 scale (freshman applicants)
2. Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA on the US 4.0 scale (undergraduate transfer applicants and graduate applicants)
3. Applicants who qualify for the scholarship will receive notice of the award and how to accept it, in the admissions letter. Students who wish to accept the scholarship must complete and submit a scholarship acceptance form within three weeks from the date on the admissions letter.
Scholarship Value per School Year
Undergraduate students: $12,500
Graduate students: $11,500
Award Terms and Conditions
Undergraduate students: up to 8 semesters provided the minimum eligibility requirements are maintained.
Graduate Students: Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
The scholarship may not be combined with other scholarships that cover tuition and fees costs (Creative Arts, Honors in Discipline, Grad Assistantship, Graduate Tuition Scholarship, Government funding, Fulbright grants, etc)
The scholarship only applies to in- and out-of-state tuition. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, meal plans, and medical insurance costs.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: East Tennessee State University Scholarships 2022 Application portal is currently closed. Please Bookmark this page to stay updated.
Other conditions as outlined in the Acceptance Form
Students Ineligible for the Merit Scholarship:
1. Students pursuing a second Bachelor’s or a second Master’s degree
2. Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
3. Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
4. Students applying for the M.D. and PharmD programs
5. Students who are not in lawful F-1 or J-1 status
For questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Am sure you found this article interesting and educative. Please leave your comments below and don’t forget to subscribe.