Ministries are responsible for the design and implementation of an area or sector of public policy and administration (e.g. agriculture, education, economy, foreign affairs), in line with the government programme and strategy.
How Many Ministries Are There In Mauritius
Ministries are also responsible for the direction of agencies under their authority.
BELOW ARE SOME OF THE MINISTRIES IN MAURITIUS:
1. Ministry of Defence, Home Affairs and External Communications; Ministry for Rodrigues, Outer Islands & Territorial Integrity
2. Ministry Of Energy and Public Utilities
3. Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology
4. Ministry of Local Government, Disaster and Risk Management
5. Ministry of Finance, Economic Planning and Development
6. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade
7. Ministry of Housing and Land Use Planning
8. Ministry of Industrial Development, SMEs and Cooperatives
9. Ministry of Environment, Solid Waste Management and Climate Change
10. Ministry of Financial Services and Good Governance
11. Ministry of Tourism
12. Ministry of Justice, Human Rights & Institutional Reforms
13. National Human Rights Commission
14. Ministry of Agro-Industry and Food Security
15. Ministry of Commerce and Consumer Protection
16. Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sports and Recreation
17. Ministry of Information Technology, Communication and Innovation
Read Also: List Of Ministers In Mauritius
18. Ministry of Labour, Human Resource Development and Training
19. Ministry of Health and Wellness
20. Ministry of Blue Economy, Marine Resources, Fisheries and Shipping
21. Ministry of Gender Equality and Family Welfare
22. Ministry of Arts and Cultural Heritage
23. Ministry of Public Service, Administrative and Institutional Reforms
24. Ministry of National Infrastructure and Community Development
25. Ministry of Social Security and National Solidarity
26. Ministry of Social Integration and Economic Empowerment
27. Ministry of Land Transport and Light Rail
Is Mauritius a good place for expats?
Mauritius is an ideal destination for your expatriation project. Idyllic landscapes, tropical climate, fascinating cultural diversity, sustained economic growth, and warm and welcoming population: the island country offers lots of assets to seduce expatriates.
What is the salary of an expat in Mauritius?
As of September 2020, the minimum salary requirement has been decreased from MUR 60,000 to MUR 30,000 (approximately USD 800) for Professional Occupation Permit (OP) holders in those specific sectors of focus. All sectors (excluding ICT) remain at a minimum salary requirement of MUR 60,000 (approximately USD 1600).
How many ministries are there in Mauritius?
It is led by the Prime Minister and a total of 23 ministers and the Attorney General, who is considered to be a cabinet member. The constitution of the Republic provides a cabinet under the leadership of the Prime Minister that must be appointed by the President after each general election.