How to Get a Passport in the Bahamas
In this article, Foreignconnect.net tries to answer the question by publishing How to Get a Bahamas Passport
Below is How to Get a Bahamas Passport
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
In order to apply for Bahamian citizenship, a person must meet one of the following requirements :
- Be a legal permanent resident in The Bahamas who has had the legal status for 10 years, including the 12 months immediately preceding the date of application, and who has resided in The Bahamas for a minimum of 6 years preceding the 12 months mentioned above
- Be a female spouse of a Bahamian citizen
- Be born in The Bahamas after 9th July 1973 to Non-Bahamian parents
- Be a child (adopted or biological) who has at least one Bahamian parent (Naturalised or otherwise)
- Be a child born in the Bahamas to non-Bahamian parents
Citizenship Application Form(s):
- Application Form 1 notarized by a notary public or a justice of the peace (only female spouse of a Bahamian citizen only)
- Application Form 2 (persons born in The Bahamas to foreign parents … / persons born legitimately to a Bahamian mother and foreign father outside of the Bahamas)
- Application Form 3 (children born in The Bahamas to foreign parents and make an application after their 19th birthday, Commonwealth citizens, male spouse of Bahamian)
- Application Form 4 (only persons born outside of the Bahamas to a Bahamian mother and foreign father) all minor children
- Application Form 6 (persons born in The Bahamas to foreign parents from Non-commonwealth countries who missed their deadlines to apply for citizenship…)
How do I become a permanent resident of The Bahamas?
- Spouse of a Bahamian after 5 years of marriage, and whose marriage is subsisting and the couple cohabiting as husband and wife.
- Persons born legitimately outside of The Bahamas to a married woman, who is a citizen of The Bahamas, and whose husband is not a citizen of The Bahamas.
Can I travel from the Bahamas to the US without a passport?
If you are departing or returning to the U.S. by air from any international destination, a passport is required by all travelers regardless of age. Canadians must present a passport to visit The Bahamas, which must be valid for at least three months beyond the date of expected departure from that country.
Can a foreigner become a citizen in the Bahamas?
Be a legal permanent resident in The Bahamas who has had the legal status for 10 years, including the 12 months immediately preceding the date of application, and who has resided in The Bahamas for a minimum of 6 years preceding the 12 months mentioned above. Be a female spouse of a Bahamian citizen.