Integrated Polytechnic Regional College Tumba (IPRC-Tumba) Current Prospectus
WELCOME TO IPRC-TUMBA
IPRC TUMBA was established by the cabinet decision in September 14, 2007 and officially inaugurated in June 2008 by the then Hon. Minister of Education Dr. Daphrose GAHAKWA on behalf of His Excellency the President of the Republic of Rwanda Paul KAGAME, and in the presence of Her Excellency the president of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Mrs. SADAKO Ogata, as an A1 (Diploma) level higher education institution and training center that would be producing higher technicians for Rwanda and the Region’s economy.
The institution was originally proposed in 2001 as a new initiative to be named Tumba Institute of Electronics, which would offer higher-level ICT technician training with skills that would be in high demand as Rwanda’s National Information and Communication Infrastructure (NICI) plan is implemented.
IPRC TUMBA establishment was a step in realization of the objectives of the Rwanda Educational Sector Strategic Plan for 2006-2010 (ESSP2006-2010), which identifies science and technology education as a critical priority in reaching the Rwanda’s Vision 2020 aim of Knowledge-Based and Technology-Led Economy.
In order to ensure high capacity in the college, an agreement was signed at MINEDUC on May 31, 2007, between the then Rwanda Minister of Education Dr. MUJAWAMARIYA Jeanne d’Arc and the then Resident Representative of JICA in Rwanda Mr. Iwao TATSUMI, for Japanese technical support under the project named “Strengthening the Capacity of IPRC TUMBA”, by which experts dispatch, staff trainings – overseas and locally – and training equipments are availed to IPRC TUMBA staff.
At her inception IPRC TUMBA was planned to offer academic programs in three departments, which would be operating from two campuses. Regular academic activities started in IPRC Tumba campus with the first academic session in August 28, 2007 in which students enrolled for A1 courses from the three departments which include Alternative Energy, Electronics and Telecommunications, and Information Technology. The second campus of the college, which would be The Kigali Satellite Campus, began in May 2009 with a liaison office in the premises of the Center for Innovation and Technology Transfer (CITT) Kigali, to serve as a point from where IPRC TUMBA can partner with industries.
In 2008 the academic activity of IPRC TUMBA developed from regular courses for regular students to additional short term training programs for non-regular students with the signing of various Memorandum of understanding with organizations and establishments like Imbuto Foundation, CISCO systems, MININFRA, as result of which IPRC TUMBA became recognized as one the National Biogas Training center in Rwanda.
To be a Center of Excellence in Technical Education in Rwanda and Region.
To produce highly qualified technical human resources with competent hands-on skills and entrepreneurship culture.
The core functions of the Institution are:
- To organize technical train-the-trainer programmers for all technical and vocational schools located in the Rulindo District;
- To organize pedagogic train-the-trainer programmers for all technical and vocational schools located in the Rulindo District
- To implement technical and vocational training courses at all level (up to diploma level) focusing on both knowledge and skills for both school leavers from tronc commun , upper secondary and the unskilled and unemployed population;
- To supervise and coordinate with private education providers, NGO-run TVET centers and industry-run training centre on the delivery of TVET training in Kigali region;
- To supervise and coordinate with all public TVET centers and Polytechnics Campus (PC) on the delivery of training in Rulindo District
- To provide CBT curriculum developed by RTB HQ to all TVET centers, PCs delivering vocational training in the Rulindo District
- To provide quality assurance TVET delivery by ensuring that all curriculums are CBT, integrity of examination protected and all TVET lecturers and instructors are adequately trained.
The values promoted by IPRC Tumba:
f) Learning for life
Integrated Polytechnic Regional College Tumba (IPRC-Tumba) Courses Offered
IPRC Tumba (Integrated Polytechnic Regional College) the Rwanda Polytechnic (RP) College. This post provides essential data about IPRC Tumba (Integrated Polytechnic Regional College) details. This is one of the best articles to know better information. Get connected with us for IPRC Tumba (Integrated Polytechnic Regional College) Contacts, Courses, Admission, online Application form, fees etc latest updates.
Integrated Polytechnic Regional College Tumba (IPRC-Tumba) Admission Requirements
IPRC-Tumba online applications academic year are now open for admission to the institution’s programs offered.
Integrated Polytechnic Regional College Tumba (IPRC-Tumba) Tuition And Fees Structure
Fees changes per programme, for details on fees and account number about IPRC Tumba (Integrated Polytechnic Regional College), kindly contact the IPRC Tumba (Integrated Polytechnic Regional College) admissions office.
(+250) 786 000 011