Northwestern Oklahoma State University is one of the top public universities in the Oklahoma, United States. Many talented students may get good scholarships at Northwestern Oklahoma State University.
Northwestern Oklahoma State University (NWOSU) is a public university in Alva, Oklahoma. It was first established in 1897 and has been providing good education ever since.
NWOSU is one of the top public university in the United States. In fact, it is a tier 2 regional university.
Likewise, NWOSU has one of the best curriculums and faculties and offers more than 30 majors, 30 minors and concentrations across a range of disciplines.
Northwestern Oklahoma State Scholarships
- NWOSU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it does not meet the full demonstrated need of all the admitted students.
NWOSU is one of the selective private universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 43%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Northwestern Oklahoma State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Northwestern Oklahoma State Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, it does not meet full demonstrated financial need of the admitted students.
- About 40% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial assistance.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $5,683.
All applicants apply online through the Northwestern Oklahoma State University Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
NWOSU writing supplements
Guidance Counselor Evaluation
High School Transcripts
Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
You should ask the Financial Aid Office for information on your maximum monetary eligibility (cap) for scholarship funds.
FEBRUARY 15 – Deadline to apply for Foundation/Departmental Scholarships within a specified department.
Ask the department chair for that specific department’s scholarship form or where it can be found online and submit it by this date. Each department has its own separate form.
MARCH 15 – Deadline to apply for academic scholarships for the upcoming year.
You’ll need to be enrolled full-time and must have completed 24 semester hours at Northwestern in the past academic year.
A cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 is required for academic awards.