Southwestern Oklahoma State University offers an array of different scholarships based upon students’ academic achievements.
All Oklahoma residents who are incoming freshmen and are fully admitted by the March 1st priority deadline will be automatically considered for freshmen scholarship awards.
Additional documents and information are needed only for those students applying for the:
- Regents’ Baccalaureate Scholarships – Oklahoma residents only
- Regents’ Academic Scholar Nominee Awards – Oklahoma residents or non-resident U.S. citizens
Additional information is available at okcollegestart.org. These top two prestigious scholarships are awarded to a select group of students, on the Weatherford campus only, who meet one of the following criteria:
- Score a minimum of a 30 ACT composite on a national test date
- National Merit Semifinalist or Commended Student
If you meet one of the criteria above, please complete the additional application instructions listed below by the March 1st deadline to be considered for these prestigious awards.
- Complete the online admission application and submit ACT scores, a six- or seven-semester high school transcript and transcripts reflecting any college work completed or currently attempting.
- Provide a brief resume, including experiences, honors and high school activities.
- Type your response, not to exceed 500 words each, to these two questions:
- Describe the experience which has most influenced your life.
- How would a degree from SWOSU assist you in achieving your career goals?
Applicants must be fully admitted to SWOSU and all additional materials should be submitted by March 1st to the following address:
Student Financial Services
100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, OK 73096
The values of our different freshman scholarships are listed below. These may change annually depending upon scholarship funding availability and other institutional factors.
Regents’ Academic Scholar Nomination
$2,000 a year + full tuition waiver each term + room/year (renewable)
Scholarship $3,000 a year + full tuition waiver each term + room/year (renewable)
Notices are sent out to students who qualify for freshman scholarships in March. Please note that students may only receive one academic honor listed above. Should a student qualify for two categories, the larger value award will be given.
The SWOSU Graduate School awards scholarships to students who have been fully admitted into graduate studies based upon criteria they set annually. All graduate students are encouraged to contact the SWOSU Graduate School for applications and scholarship consideration.
Graduate Tuition Waiver Application