Vice President | Corporate Affairs in Botswana Job Opportunities – DE BEERS GROUP
Business Unit / Group Function: Corporate Affairs
Discipline: Corporate Relations
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Reference Id: REF9472U
Experience / Work Type: Director / Permanent Employee
Closing Date: 12 April, 2021
You’ll make us shine
You enjoy being part of a talented and diverse team and can communicate easily and openly with your colleagues.
You are also passionate about quality work and know that good communication does not just happen – a great deal of care is taken to ensure accuracy, consistency and timeliness.
With a fascinating product, a global business and great stories to tell, come and be part of our team.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company – a unique luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
To push our company forward, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who spark fresh thinking and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.
De Beers Global Sightholder Sales (DBGSS) has an exciting opportunity for Vice President- Corporate Affairs, Botswana. The role leads the Botswana Corporate Affairs team and represents De Beers on reputation-driving, corporate citizenship as well as crisis and issues management matters with the Government of the Republic of Botswana, media and strategic partners in the diamond industry.
There are three primary focus areas for this role:
- Communications (internal, external and advocacy
- Stakeholder and government relations
At least 15years of extensive corporate strategy at Executive management level combined with a post graduate qualification such as MBA or similar.
Previous industry experience is an advantage but not a prerequisite.
- Extensive Corporate Affairs experience managing external and Internal communications and Government engagement.
- Sound understanding of Government relations with particular focus on Botswana.
- Track record of successful engagement with leaders in Government, non-government and international organisations in Botswana and the SADC region.
- Broad corporate communications experience, preferably within a global business and with experience of designing and implementing a commercially oriented communications strategy.
- Experience in community and stakeholder risk management.
- Understanding of and experience in developing sustainable strategic initiatives and community engagement programmes in relation to sustainability and corporate responsibility.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge, sensitivities and effectiveness in working within multiple geographic and cultural environments.
- Proven track record of managing successful high-profile communications programmes.
- Experience in managing large-scale crisis communications operations.
De Beers Diamond Trading encompasses the aggregation and primary sales arm of the De Beers Group, following the transfer of these functions from London to Botswana in 2012. A truly international concern, DBGSS is one of the world’s largest suppliers of rough diamonds.
Diamonds are sourced primarily from De Beers’ wholly owned mining operations in South Africa and Canada, and from mines owned and run in partnership with the Governments of Botswana and Namibia.
What we offer
When you join De Beers Group, you will find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We are a large, successful multinational company.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.