What is Crypto Wallet?
A cryptocurrency wallet is a device, physical medium, program, or service which stores the public and/or private keys for cryptocurrency transactions.
In addition to this basic function of storing the keys, a cryptocurrency wallet more often offers the functionality of encrypting and/or signing information.
What Is The Best Crypto Wallet In Rwanda?
ZenGo is an easy iOS & Android crypto and NFT wallet. Buy, sell, and self-custody directly from the app.
Ledger Nano S Plus is a secure hardware wallet that connects to your computer via USB-C
Electrum is a popular desktop Bitcoin wallet that is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux
Requirements to buy cryptocurrency in Rwanda
- A passport, national identity card, or driver’s to complete the KYC process.
- A private and secure internet connection, public WiFi is not recommended as it may pose security problems.
- A mobile phone to verify your identity using two-factor authentication (2FA).
- A bank account or credit card you can use to make fiat currency deposits to purchase cryptocurrencies.
- A crypto wallet to store your assets. Almost all exchanges will offer built-in wallets, but it is important to withdraw your crypto to your own personal cold wallet for optimal security.
Is Coinbase available in Rwanda?
The answer is yes; Coinbase accepts and opens crypto trading accounts to clients based in Rwanda. It’s one of the only 13 countries in the African continent where Coinbase takes clients.
Is cryptocurrency allowed in Rwanda?
The National Bank of Rwanda has directed all the nations’ banks to desist from “any crypto-related activities until a regulatory framework has been put in place.
Rwanda joins Zimbabwe and Nigeria on the list of African countries to ban banks from processing crypto transactions.
Is Paxful available in Rwanda?
Buying BTC using your Rwandan Franc (RWF) or any currency is easy on Paxful, the biggest peer-to-peer crypto marketplace in the world. Just create an account, and view offers from thousands of online sellers.