a) The general minimum ENTRY requirements to the University shall be the Botswana General Certificate of Secondary Education (BGCSE)/equivalent qualification with at least six subjects NOT below a grade of E.
b) For all programmes, English Language shall be one of the qualifying subjects.
How to apply for admission
- Make sure the following documents are readily available:
- Application fee receipt (pay a non-refundable Application Fee listed under Schedule of Fees, View Schedule of Fees which is payable into the UB bank accounts listed under Financial Procedures or UB Cash Office)
- Certified copy of the Senior Secondary School Certificate or Statement of Results (School Leavers)
- Certified copies of Transcript(s) and or Certificate(s) for those applyinf for Upper Levels, Transfers and Re-Admission
- Certified copy of National Identity Card (Omang) / Passport (Omang for citizens)
Completing your Application
- Before you complete an application, please go over the Application Package
- In order to apply On-line please follow the Step-by-Step Guide in the Application Package
- An e-mail address is required for one to apply online
- Make your ONLINE APPLICATION HERE
Tracking your Application
- Once you have applied and have received the acknowledgement letter, you may use the login details on such a letter to track the process of your application. To do that navigate to the login screen and login using the details given on the acknowledgement letter. Navigate by clicking Main Menu, then Student Admissions, then Self Service and Student Centre.
- Applicants may make changes to their study choice anytime before the closing date for applications, but that has to be done through Undergraduate Admissions, Recruitment and Liason office.
Former undergraduate students, who have been away from the University for a period less than 10 semesters (five academic years), are invited to apply in order to enrol. This includes former students who previously withdrew with/without due notice; failed and discontinued/excluded; enrolment terminated; and have been away from the University for at least one semester.
University of Botswana has an on-line application system whereby prospective applicants can apply on-line wherever they are. All prospective applicants are therefore expected to make their applications online through the “STUDY” link on the University of Botswana website: www.ub.bw.
Prospective applicants may use any Internet facility available to them to apply. A guide in the form of a booklet, entitled “ONLINE APPLICATION: A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE”, on how to complete an application online is provided.
All Application materials are available as Application Package.
Applicants with Disability:
University of Botswana welcomes applicants with disability and considers their applications on academic merit like all other applicants. All applicants are expected to state whether they have any disability or not when they apply, so that the University’s Disability Support Services Unit can contact them to understand the nature of their disability. Prospective applicants with any disability may contact the University’s Disability Support Services Unit at the following telephone numbers: +267 355 2768/4183/4490/4991.
The declaration of such information helps the University in assessing the learning needs of all applicants. University of Botswana will, at all times, preserve the confidentiality of prospective student information.
Submission of Applications:
Prospective applicants are to submit their applications mainly online and may use any Internet facility available to them to submit their applications.