The West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI) in collaboration with DAAD is welcoming applications for the MPhil in Seed Science and Technology programme. Successful applicants will enrol in January and will comprise the ninth cohort of MPhil Students.
The DAAD scholarship will cover tuition, stipends and accommodation for a two-year Master of Philosophy (MPhil) for successful candidates which emerge from the WACCI-DAAD Scholarship applications
Scholarship Sponsor(s): WACCI-DAAD, West Africa
Scholarship Type: Fully-Funded Scholarship
Host Institution(s): WACCI-DAAD, West Africa
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee, Monthly stipend & accommodation, Airfare
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Also Apply: University of Warwick WMG Excellent Scholarships for International Students
WACCI-DAAD Scholarship Application | DETAILS
This Call is an update of the September published Call for In-Country/In-Region scholarships at WACCI, Ghana (published on https://wacci.ug.edu.gh) with an original starting date of the programme in August . The start of the programme was postponed by WACCI to January .
For this reason, the application deadline has been extended and the Call has been updated. If you have already applied for this scholarship, please contact the WACCI for more information.
Female applicants, refugees with recognized refugee status and candidates from other less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
To be eligible for the WACCI-DAAD Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) with above-average results of Second-Class Upper Division or equivalent
- Applicants must clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- Applicants must have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- Applicants must have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Applicants must be nationals or permanent residents of an African country
- Further information for eligibility and selection of candidates available [here]
See Also: University of Cape Town – Mastercard Foundation Scholarships for Africans
How-to-Apply: To apply for the WACCI-DAAD Scholarship, please follow the below steps:
- Complete an online form on the University of Ghana Graduate Admissions Page before April.
- WACCI to submit shortlisted candidates to DAAD by May
- DAAD will directly contact shortlisted candidates
- Shortlisted candidates are to submit their applications via the DAAD portal by June 15,
- Scholarship awardees to receive notification from DAAD in September
- Undergraduate Academic Transcripts
- Undergraduate Certificate of Completion
- MPhil Proposal
- Curriculum Vitae
- Email address of (3) referees – Inform your referees before you use their email addresses.
- Application Fee of US$ 110 (Foreign Applicants) and GH¢ 200 (Ghanaian Applicants)
Application Deadline: April 20, 2022