The School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham is thrilled to announce three scholarships, generously funded by DeepMind, that are open to applicants currently holding either a conditional offer or unconditional offer for the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Applications are hereby invited from eligible students from around the world.
The University of Birmingham, with support from DeepMind, is committed to increasing accessibility to and enhancing diversity of underrepresented groups in computer science.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Birmingham
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): University of Birmingham
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: 3 Scholarships Available
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: Developing Countries
Also Check: UK GREAT Scholarships at Bournemouth University
Eligibility Criteria | DeepMind Scholarships at University of Birmingham
Applicants wishing to apply for the scholarship should meet one OR both of the following criteria:
- Identify as female OR Identify as Black African, Black Caribbean or other Black ethnicity.
Applicants must also:
- Be able to demonstrate that they would not be able to take up the offer of admission without financial assistance.
- Have already received a conditional/unconditional offer to study the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at the University of Birmingham; and
- Be ordinarily resident in the UK and would be classified as UK for fee paying purposes.
The scholarship, valued at £47,680 for international students and valued at £29,860 each for UK students, is applied against:
- International tuition fees – £26,640 / UK tuition fees – £10,620
- A maintenance grant of £15,840 (to use for living costs), paid in instalments over the duration of the course
- Funding of up to £2,000 to attend an international conference in the field of AI and/or Machine Learning during the course as well as £1,500 towards purchase of essential equipment (suitable laptop etc.).
- £1700 to assist with relocation expenses
How-to-Apply: The interested applicant needs to first apply for a conditional or an unconditional offer of admission before opting in for the scholarship. Applications are now being accepted through the online form. Please only make an application once you have received a conditional/unconditional offer, as you will not be considered until you hold one.
Application Deadline: 30 June 2022.