Deakin University is inviting applications from suitably qualified international students for Deakin’s prestigious Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship. This scholarship is available for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The scholarship is aimed at both undergraduates and postgraduates who show exceptional promise within or beyond their academic achievements. Strong academic performance or excellence in extracurricular activities, sports, the Arts, community service, or leadership will hold the key to success.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Deakin University, Australia
Host Institution(s): Deakin University, Australia
Scholarship Worth: $5,000 – $10,000 per year
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence
When applying directly to Deakin for this scholarship, select either the ‘Undergraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1’ or the ‘Postgraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1’ option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for this scholarship, and the Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship and Deakin Student Support Scholarship in the selection process.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
To be eligible for Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students, Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents, or holders of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- Commencing or currently enrolled in a bachelor or honors degree in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP), or postgraduate by coursework degree (CSP or full fee)
- Enrolled at Deakin University in Trimester 1
- Bachelor and honors students enrolled full-time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full-time study, or postgraduate students enrolled in at least two credit points a trimester
- Able to demonstrate achievement in one of the following:
- an ATAR of at least 85
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM)/Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 80 in a previous tertiary study
- leadership experience
- elite sports performance
- community service
- volunteer activities
- the Arts
- any other achievement.
Consideration will be given to students experiencing financial or personal hardship.
How-to-Apply: As an international student, you can submit your application directly through Deakin’s online application portal, or through a Deakin authorized agent. Or Use our step-by-step guide to apply now and start your journey to Deakin University, Australia.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct Document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded in the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents that are current, relevant, and concise.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of your previous WAM or GPA (if completed at another institution)
- evidence of any leadership activities or community service achievements
- evidence of any sporting or other achievements.
Application Deadline: December 05, 2022